My 10 favorite things to do with blueberries?
1. A rustic tart
2. Blueberry-lemon tart* (recipe below)
3. Blueberry cobbler** (recipe below)
4. On cereal (hot or cold)
5. Blueberry pancakes
6. In fruit salad made with pineapple, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries
7. A smoothie
8. Shirley’s Corn & Blueberry Salad (previously posted on this blog)
9. Blueberry coffee cake
10. Mixed berry trifle
(Not my favorite thing to do with blueberries: eat them plain)
1 9-inch baked crust in a tart pan (cooled)
Spread lemon curd over the crust.
Cover with fresh blueberries and top with sweetened fresh whipped cream.
(Alternate topping: 1 cup Cool Whip and 1 cup Instant Vanilla Pudding folded together)
2-3 cups blueberries
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. sugar
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Butter a 9” pie plate (deep is better)
- Spread a mixture of 1 Tbsp. flour and 1 Tbsp. sugar over
- Add fresh blueberries (fill dish level only)
- Spoon topping (below) over fruit.
- Bake until slightly browned and crisp on top — 45 minutes.
1 stick melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
l egg, slightly beaten
½ cup chopped pecans (optional)